[vtkusers] VTK 5.2 and 5.4 bug

Anton Deguet anton.deguet at jhu.edu
Thu Apr 2 09:49:48 EDT 2009

I have a similar problem and haven't been able to find a concise how-
to.  I understand that OS specific issues are hard to handle but it
would be nice to know if off-screen rendering is possible or not on
Linux and under which conditions.  A sample of code would be welcome.

My setup, which I thinks is pretty classic, is:
- Ubuntu 8.04
- NVidia drivers
- VTK 5.0, 5.2, 5.4

All versions tested lead to a segmentation fault after an X11 message
re. an invalid windon Id when off-screen rendering is set On.  The
same code works on Mac OS and Windows but I need Linux.

Anton

---
Anton Deguet, Research Engineer, ERC-CISST/LCSR, Johns Hopkins
University
e-mail: anton.deguet at jhu.edu
JHU, LCSR, CSEB 137b, 3400 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21218,
USA