[vtkusers] Performance problems with vtkStructuredGrid

Manuel Feige manuelfeige at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 27 07:27:51 EDT 2008

Hello world,

I want to extract the geometry of a vtkStructuredGrid specifying i-j-k indices. I use the vtkStructuredGridGeometryFilter, set the extent for a 100x100x50 grid by SetExtent(0, 99, 0, 99, 0, 0) and everything is fine. Now I do the same with a 500x500x2 grid (same total number of points) and the program is very slow. How can I visualize it more efficiently? I mean, rendering a surface made up of 500x500 points is not supposed to be a problem.

Thanks
Manuel Feige