[vtkusers] [Snapshot-users] How to compile Qt-4.5.x for Mac OS X 10.5.5 to use 64-bits and Cocoa bindings

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at mac.com
Fri Sep 26 13:39:34 EDT 2008

Hi Trenton,
			In the file qglobal.h, I found a definition called QT_MAC_USE_COCOA.

Upon closer investigation, I find that it is only enable in Qt-4.5.x
if 64-bit support is turned on.

#ifdef AUTODETECT_COCOA
#  ifdef Q_OS_MAC64
#    define QT_MAC_USE_COCOA 1
#  endif
#endif

So, this means that Cocoa support in Qt-4.5.x is only enabled if I
enable 64-bits.

Could you please clarify if indeed, Qt-4.5.x will work for Cocoa 32-
bits?

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson