[vtkusers] Problem QVTKWidget using vtkCarbonRenderWindow instead of vtkCocoaRenderWindow

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at mac.com
Tue Sep 23 13:12:45 EDT 2008

Hi Clinton,
                        Would you happen to know who implemented the
Carbon support for vtk on MacOSX? Will it be really difficult to
change it? From the vtk side, it appeared to be cleanly partitioned
and although I didnt go beyond the QVTK plugin, an implementation for
vtkCocoaRenderWindow appeared to be there (didn't check the
implementation, through).

So, my first question, will vtk-5.3 work out-of-the-box with Cocoa?

If yes, then I guess it's just a matter of fixing the QVTK
implementation, plus finding a way to switch between Carbon and Cocoa
implementations.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson