[vtkusers] Collaboration on macport for VTK 5.2.0

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Sat Sep 20 08:03:02 EDT 2008

Darren,
    At this point since macports stages the built binaries in a nested
location that is NOT indicative of its install_name_location I would
suggest the following:

  If you can run a shell script post build then create a shell script
( I have a starting base) that basically corrects all the install_name
entries on all the libraries to set the install_name to /opt/local/lib
or whatever you really want then to be.

I have done this for several other projects and there is starting to
be some support in CMake for doing this with app bundles but rolling
your own might be easier. I have a script that was used to do this
exact same thing for ParaView at one point and should be easily
adaptable to just find all the .dylibs in the build directory and set
their install_name entries.

Let me know.

---
Mike Jackson - Principal Software Engineer
www.bluequartz.net