[vtkusers] pipeline

Tim Soper tim_d_soper at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 19 15:20:51 EDT 2008

Not a vtk expert, but typically you have trigger the change through a call to Modified(). This is my "unofficial" non-expert understanding. You'd have to do something like the following:

vtkCustomPolyDataAlgorithm* custom;
custom->Modified( );

This should let the pipeline know that there is an explicit change forcing it to call RequestData( );
Render( ) assumes graphics need to be updated( ie mappers, renderers, etc), but not the data sources (readers, polydataalgorithms, etc. )

-Tim-