[vtkusers] pipeline

Yaroslav Tenzer krakadil.gena at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 12:52:11 EDT 2008

Hello,

Can you help please .. I am lost ....

In my application, after the method render() is called, the screen is
redrawn and the objects do change position on the screen (based on the
hardware inputs), but RequestData method of a custom class based on
vtkPolyDataAlgorithm is not invoked.... it seems that the pipeline is not
fully executed ...

the algorithm class is located between the reader and the mapper ...

When I call the Render() on RendererWindow, it should execute all the
pipeline, shouldnot it ?
How can I debug the the pipeline execution ?

I am trying to develop a haptic system in C++ environment with QT+VTK ...
For the collision detection I am trying to use the
vtkCollisionDetectionFilter by Goodwin Lawlor

Maybe you are also aware of an open source haptic system implementation
based on vtk ?

Thank you !
yaroslav

www.yaroslavtenzer.com