[vtkusers] vtkRendererWindow does not respond

cvolz volz at vaw.baug.ethz.ch
Thu Sep 18 14:13:53 EDT 2008

Dear VTK-Users,

perhaps someone can help me to understand the vtkRenderWindow or/and the
vtkRenderWindowInteractor.

I have got a numerical console application which opens a vtkRenderWindow
to display its results in realtime. I use a vtkRenderWindowInteractor so
that the user can adjust his view at the beginning of the simulation.
Afterwards, the simulation is started and just piplines the new results
from time to time to this vtk window.

This works fine while am executing my application from the IDE (Visual
Studio). The vtkWindow does never get the focus, it is only rendered new
from time to time. This is my desired behaviour.

But when I start my application without the IDE this no longer works.
When the user has adjusted his view and the simulation starts, than the
vtkWindow strangely seems to get focus back and does no longer show my
results. Instead it is "not responding".

What can be the cause of these different behaviours? And how do I
prevent the vtkWindow from not responding ?

With best regards,

Christian Volz

--

Christian Volz