[vtkusers] write dataset in VTK format

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 03:13:34 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 5:53 AM, Madhusudhanan Balasubramanian
<madhu_lsu at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone suggest a suitable class to write (vtkImageData*) of size 1024x200x200 into a VTK format file (.vti or .vtk)?  I tried vtkXMLImageDataWriter, but the data file is almost 6 times the original size with this class.  I appreciate the help.

vtkStructuredPointsWriter should do the trick.

AFAIK you can still use vtkXMLImageDataWriter but you need to specify
Binary option (in which case file will not be a valid XML file), by
default it is using mime64 encoding (required by XML specs).

2cts

--
Mathieu