[vtkusers] Extract only bones or other tissues from a Ct

wassim_belhadj at topnet.tn wassim_belhadj at topnet.tn
Wed Sep 10 06:31:07 EDT 2008

Hi ,

Thank you very much Michael for your help.

I'am using VTK 5.0.2, Microsoft Visual Studio and Qt 4.3.1.

I have just built and installed ITK 3.8.0.

I want to do something that looks like Osirix Imaging
Software(http://www.osirix-viewer.com/Snapshots.html),...

I would be delighted if you send me your cmake projects that combines
VTK/ITK using QT4 and VS.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 11:35:17 +0200, "Michael Knopke"
<Michael.Knopke at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> As far as I know there are no filters in VTK that can do this. Extracting
> Objects based on a scalar range is simple, but not if like in your case
> more
> objects use the same values. For this you need an algorithm that
> "understands" to which objects voxels with the same value belong.
>
> There are a lot of different approaches for this task. As I wrote, the
ITK