[vtkusers] Interpolation ???

Mar Ávila mmavila at unex.es
Tue Sep 9 07:15:01 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have got 16 medical images (512x512) obtained from a MRI scanner. All of them are level-grey images (8 bits, 0-255 value per pixel). These images have been obtained with a slice thickness of 2 mm (separation among each pair of consecutive images).

So, my images (IM) are:

IM1 - IM2 - IM3 - . - IM15 - IM16

I need to insert (generate) a new image between each pair of my images, that is:

IM1 - New_image1 - IM2

IM2 - New_image2 - IM3

IM15 - New_image15 - IM16

The new images would be obtained by means of mathematical interpolation. Thus, interpolating IM1 and IM2, I need to obtain a new image (512x512).

Does someone know any function / procedure to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!!!