[vtkusers] Contouring through constant value areas of dataset

Burlen Loring burlen.loring at kitware.com
Sun Sep 7 13:05:15 EDT 2008

Gerrick Bivins wrote:
> If I'm understanding you correctly, the contouring algorithm for cells can
> only contour cells that have different values on it's nodes? Is that
> correct?

In the case that a cell has the same value on all its nodes the contour
does not pass through this cell. So there is nothing to draw in that
case. If you had a entire data set of cells with the same value on all
its nodes, then by extension, there is nothing to draw as no contour
intersects any cell.

Caveat, I am not a graphics guy, just reading up on the algorithms
described in the VTK text. YMMV :)

Burlen

--
Burlen Loring