[vtkusers] Contouring through constant value areas of dataset

Burlen Loring burlen.loring at kitware.com
Sat Sep 6 17:08:35 EDT 2008

Gerrick, right, it just looked odd to me at first. Did you see my follow
up post?

http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtkusers/2008-September/096843.html

To summarize:

If all nodes of a dataset (or in your case block) have a constant value
then no contour lines get generated because this configuration of cells
never results in a contour line intersecting any of the cell's edge's.
See p 166 and 167 of the vtk text for a better explanation. You'd end up
with all the cells having the configuration of "Case 15" in fig 6-5
where no contour line is drawn.

Burlen