[vtkusers] [Probably repetitive] Tcl VTK under OSX 10.5.4 mouse/keyboard events?

William Ray willray at mac.com
Tue Sep 2 08:41:29 EDT 2008

I can't be the first person to have this problem, so this has
undoubtedly been discussed before - I just can't seem to find any
useful reference to it.

VTK fresh from CVS, compiling on an essentially virgin 10.5.4 OSX
system.

vtk Medical1.tcl

Window won't focus - this is well known and expected.  The old
add a resource trick doesn't work.  Everyone suggests stuffing
it into an .app wrapper.

This is where my problem seems to go sideways from the
recommendations.  When wrapped as an app, I can double-click
the app and I get a vtk window running Medical1.tcl that
can be brought to the front, and the proper vtk menubar elements
become available - BUT - it still isn't accepting keyboard or
mouse events to the interface.  It _is_ accepting keyboard to
the "system", at the level that open_apple-Q causes the .app
to quit, but events that should be trapped by the tcl script
don't seem to be getting there.

Please, don't point me at the standard "put it in a .app" page,
etc.  Been there done that.  If anyone has a _working_ .app
wrapper that runs the Tcl vtk with an input script that they'd
care to share (just in case I've completely botched mine and
have turned blind and stupid - mine is working however with
all of the ITKApplications that I've stuffed in it), I'd love
to see it.  Or, if there's some other magical incantation that
I'm missing, please do tell.

Many thanks,
a very frustrated
Will Ray