[vtkusers] Vectors in XML-format VTK files

Deshpreet Singh Bedi dbedi at astro.cornell.edu
Wed Oct 29 16:42:40 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have used legacy VTK file formats to view Vectors in other visualization
programs, such as VisIt.  The format I used was:

CELL_DATA 1
VECTORS Spin double
-0.449584 0.00705966 0.0459143

That should generate a vector at the center of the cell with vector
components vx, vy, vz given by the doubles above.  When I try to use the
same format in ParaView,  I run into a problem: instead of the desired
visualization, three vectors, each with the same direction and magnitude,
are shown.  I could not even get my vectors to be visualized correctly in
ParaView using the legacy format (even though it has worked in other
visualization programs), so I cannot yet use ParaView's in-built file-format
conversion functionality.  Any thoughts on what is going on?

Thanks,
Desh