[vtkusers] Test failures from glReadPixels

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Sun Oct 26 21:08:36 EDT 2008

Every dashboard test that involved an image comparison on the mesa build on
murron.hobbs-hancock was failing.

I traced the problem all of the way back to the call to glReadPixels in
Rendering/vtkOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx.

There are two calls: the main one, that reads a whole block of RGB pixel data
from the window, and one to work around a bug, that reads RGBA pixel data
line by line.

I commented out the main one and left the bug workaround one, and now most
tests are passing.

I'm using Mesa from git, Fedora 9, x86_64...

Does this give anybody a hint as to what might be going wrong?