[vtkusers] texture mapping for implicit surfaces

Stefan W. von Deylen SW.vonDeylen at uni-bonn.de
Sun Oct 26 19:46:45 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am quite new to VTK, working with a small FEM visualization utility.
This program already has the feature "load a 3D level array and output a
certain level set" by employing a pipeline

vtkImageData -> vtkContourFilter -> vtkDataNormals -> vtkPolyDataMapper
-> vtkActor.

I would be glad if this pipeline could be extendend by a texture
mapping. I would like to

- load a texture bitmap and a texture coordinates file (or two files,
don't mind),
- store them in two vtkImageData objects (one with 1D / 3D content,
depending on the bitmap, one with 2D content, namely coordinates
anywhere in [0;1]^2 ),
- put them in an appropriate filter, insert this into the pipeline, and
- obtain a texturing on the (triangulated) level set surface.

Is there already a filter that could help me? Up to now, I have not
found something useful in the "Examples" section.

Thanks in advance
Stefan