[vtkusers] vtkPointLocator

Bryn Lloyd blloyd at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Fri Oct 24 05:55:17 EDT 2008

Hi

I would like to use the vtkPointLocator in the point insertion mode,
i.e. I would like to incrementally insert points and search for them.

The incremental point insertion mode works with the functions:
InsertNextPoint, IsInsertedPoint, FindClosestInsertedPoint

There is, however, no method to search for the N closest points.

I tried FindClosestNPoints with no success. I tried first calling
BuildLocator on the locator but get error messages (No points to
subdivide).
What do I need to do, in order to use the function FindClosestNPoints in
point insertion mode?

Another function that is "missing" is point removal, although I can
probably live with this.

Is there a better code for doing what I need?

Thanks for any suggestions & help.

Bryn