[vtkusers] Mantis Bug Tracker refuses setting new password

Thuc Bui bui at calcreek.com
Wed Oct 22 16:00:00 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Does any one know if there is any problem with the Mantis Bug Tracking
system? I tried to create a new account so that I can report a VTK bug, but
following the link replied back from Mantis to create a password, Internet
Explorer displays the below warnings

SYSTEM WARNING: session_start() [function.session-start
<http://www.vtk.org/Bug/function.session-start> ]: The session id contains
illegal characters, valid characters are a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and '-,'

SYSTEM WARNING: session_start() [function.session-start
<http://www.vtk.org/Bug/function.session-start> ]: Cannot send session
cookie - headers already sent by (output started at
/mounts/raid/projects/KitwareWeb/mainpage/mantis/core/error_api.php:166)

SYSTEM WARNING: session_start() [function.session-start
<http://www.vtk.org/Bug/function.session-start> ]: Cannot send session cache
limiter - headers already sent (output started at
/mounts/raid/projects/KitwareWeb/mainpage/mantis/core/error_api.php:166)

SYSTEM WARNING: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at
/mounts/raid/projects/KitwareWeb/mainpage/mantis/core/error_api.php:166)

Then above the Edit Account Window, it displays this message

Your account information has been verified. The account confirmation message
you have received is now invalid.
You must set a password here to allow you to log in again.

I still proceeded to set the password in the Edit Account Window and click
on Update User button. It went to do its things and returned Application
Error #12. My account is still protected and I cannot log in. The website
does not provide a link so that I can report this problem. So, I have to
bother the user group and hopefully someone here will know the right place
for me to get help.

Thank you all,

Thuc