[vtkusers] Mouse cursor resetting itself after call to SetCurrentCursor

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Oct 14 13:23:24 EDT 2008

The culprit in this case turned out to be the default WNDPROC for Win32
windows. We were not handling WM_SETCURSOR in the vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow
WNDPROC, so the default WNDPROC was resetting the cursor to the default on
every mouse move. (WM_SETCURSOR messages are generated frequently as you
move the mouse around...)
To fix this issue, I added a WM_SETCURSOR handler to VTK:
    /cvsroot/VTK/VTK/Rendering/vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.cxx,v  <--
 vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.cxx

It is now on my list for merging into the VTK-5-2 branch and it will
eventually appear in the VTK and ActiViz .NET 5.2.1 patch releases.

Thanks,
David Cole