[vtkusers] Adapting boost's multi_array to vtkDenseArray

Jody Winston josephwinston at mac.com
Tue Oct 14 09:44:37 EDT 2008

I was looking at the CVS head version of vtk along with looking at N-Way
Array Data Structures
(https://www.kitware.com/InfovisWiki/index.php?title=N-Way_Array_Data_Structures&redirect=no)
and wanted to know what strategy I should take in adapting my
boost:multi_array instances to vtkDenseArray without copying the data.

Some issues look clear.  I need to have my arrays use
boost::fortran_storage_order.  Other points less so.  Can my version of
resize not change the dimensionality of the data?  Would a
boost::const_multi_array_ref adapter be possible? Are there other items
that I need to be aware of?

Thanks,

Jody Winston