[vtkusers] Rendering to an 'OpenGL window'

Virgiliu Craciun virgiliu at onetel.com
Mon Oct 6 10:14:42 EDT 2008

Hi

I am currently working on a project in medical physics, developing a specific
software (MS Windows 2000) for my department. I would like to use VTK for
volume rendering (CT & MRI datasets).

The application itself contains already an OpenGL 3D graphics module, so, being
a novice with VTK (I've just discovered it), I would like to ask other users if
there is any possibility to integrate the VTK's output into an already
established OpenGL application. That is, to render on an 'already-there' OpenGL
window (and context), where other graphics will be drawn.
Without creating a VTK specific graphic window.

If this is possible, I would be grateful for any tips/hints how to do it, or any
links to appropriate documentation, parers, forum, etc.

Many thanks.

Best wishes,

Virgiliu