[vtkusers] Depth Peeling VTK5.2 ATI Cars

Iñigo Barandiaran ibarandiaran at vicomtech.org
Fri Oct 3 07:39:23 EDT 2008

Hi

I'm working on a medical application,and i'm using VTK as a
Visualization API.We want to render some translucent objects and we are
trying to use Depth Peeling technique that is integrated in 5.2 version.
The problem is that we can not use that technique in ATI's card. I saw
in the vtk code that the problem is already detected. I have also tried
to solve the problem modifying the vtkOpenglRenderer. I think the
problem is in the shader in shadow2DRect. I've tried to use other
approaches such as texture2DRect or texture2D with no success.
Do you know if it is possible to solve this problem?.

Thanks in advance!