[vtkusers] Sample code using VTK and DICOM

masabumi ishihara maty.ishihara at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 21:58:37 EDT 2008

Hi Mathieu,

Thank you for your help.
Yesterday, I succeeded in making and building gdcmviewer.
But, there seems to be some problems.

Problem 1:
 The combination of the versions of VTK and GDCM are strictly limited as
follows;
                                       VTK                  GDCM
       Debug mode:          vtk-5.0.4             gdcm-2.0.9
       Release mode:        vtk-5.2.0             gdcm-2.0.8
  The above results are correct?

Problem 2:
 The process interval to the large DICOM data, i.e. moving and zooming, is a
little bit late,
not only debug mode of vtk-5.0.4 and gdcm-2.0.9 but also release mode of
vtk-5.2.0       and gdcm-2.0.8. Moreover, those two gdcmviewers process time
are almost the same.
 Is that right?

If there is missing anything, please let me know.

Thanks,

Maty