[vtkusers] Can I get the coordinate of all the points from a 2D actor?

Liang Ma leo at esit.com
Mon Nov 24 16:06:44 EST 2008

Hi,

I had a problem when I tried to overlay a 2D actor on a video. I did the video via Direcrtshow, and I also have a function to draw point on the video. I want to draw a contour of tumor on the video. The contour is cut from a 3D model of the tumor using vtkcutter. I tried to draw the contour and the video on the the same item, but the result is not good. If I can get the coordinate of all the point in the contour, then I can draw the contour in the Directshow. That would be the best way.

I did not know if I can do it and how to do it. If you have some ideas on it. Whould you please give me some advices? Thank you so much.

I also tried do the video in VTK. It is another story. I wll share with you later.

Best Regards

Liang Ma