[vtkusers] Only scalars remain with vtkImageReslice on vtkImageData

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 11:58:10 EST 2008

Hi Roy,

Right now there isn't any way to get vtkImageReslice to transform
vector data.  The code just ain't there.  The reason that
vtkImageReslice discards the vector data is that one cannot simply
resample the vector data like one does with the scalar data, since
correctly resampling a vector image requires a couple additional
steps.

I suspect that there are people out there who have solved this
problem, since there are several diffusion tensor imaging groups that
use VTK.  Try doing a search and see if anything comes up.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to submit a bug report on this, because if you
do, then someone might eventually add vector-handling code to
vtkImageReslice.

   David