[vtkusers] vtkBalloonWidget renders behind vtkScalarBarActor

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Tue Nov 18 16:49:42 EST 2008

Both the scalar bar actor and the balloon are actor2D's and
have no depth information. ie, they are rendered on the
overlay plane. The only thing controlling who is on top is the
order in which the props are added to the renderer.

Two solutions.

1. Bad one. Enable the balloon widget after the scalar bar

2. Good one. Add the two to different layers. Props in different
layers are composited one after another.

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 4:33 PM, Gerrick Bivins <gbivins at objectreservoir.com
> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I've attached a vtkBalloonWidget to vtkScalarBarActor and it appears when I
> hover over the scalar bar BUT it renders behind the scalar bar (see
> attached). Is there a  way to specify the ordering so taht the balloon
> widget renders on top (last).
> Gerrick
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p20568685/balloonBehind2.jpg balloonBehind2.jpg
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p20568685/balloonBehindScalarBar.jpg