[vtkusers] Generating a surface with equilateral triangles from point data

Steven Boyd skboyd at ucalgary.ca
Wed Nov 12 12:41:28 EST 2008

Hi,

How can I generate more or less equilateral triangles from a series of
points that define the perimeter of a closed loop (e.g., an oval)? When I
use vtkTriangleFilter the resulting triangles have poor aspect ratios (they
have vertices on the perimeter of the oval and therefore are quite
stretched).   Can somebody suggest an approach where the triangles generated
would be closer to equilateral?  Adding points to the centre would seem to
be necessary, but I was hoping there might be a filter that could do this
without manually adding points.

Thanks,

Steve