[vtkusers] Active Scalars and composite Pipeline

Benjamin Schindler bschindler at student.ethz.ch
Wed Nov 12 11:03:04 EST 2008

Hi

I've got two Problems I wasn't able to solve myself:
- When I load an ensight dataset in paraview, apply a filter (which I
coded myself, gives back a structuredGrid), I can select which variable
should get visualized without doing the whole computation again. How can
I do that in c++ code? I tried using the output of my filter and setting
an active var, but it did not work.
- the ensightreader gives back a multiblockdataset with just one block.
Now in my filter I can extract that block, but I notice that paraview
itself does a lot of magic and I can apply a standard
vtkdatasetalgorithm to the ensightreader. How can I code this without
extracting the multiblock part in my filter?

Thanks
Benjamin