[vtkusers] merge Filters

Benjamin Schindler bschindler at student.ethz.ch
Wed Nov 12 04:03:02 EST 2008

Hi

I've got the issue that vector data channels are provided as single
floats (1 channel each component). So I would like to write a filter
which merges the these three data channel into a vector data channel.
Now since I never should modify the input data in a filter, I'd have to
copy the entire data just for the merge which is a lot of memory in case
of large data files. Is there a way to circumvent this? (Like using the
same array for all other data channels I get for the input in the output?)

Thanks
Benjamin