[vtkusers] Problem getting correct results with vtkProjectedTerrainPath

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at mac.com
Mon Nov 10 01:09:59 EST 2008

Hi Mike,
                    You're right. I was using the non-scaled DEM data.
Mike, why do these DEM reconstructions look so spiky? If you recall
the reconstruction of the NASA SRTM dataset, I get some really un-
natural and spiky looking settings as shown in the attached image. So
the question is, which one is the correct one from a geo-referencing
stand-point?

reader SetFileName "N46W123.hgt"  ;# Mount St. Helens
warp SetScaleFactor 1.0