[vtkusers] Altering a rendered actor

Kerry Loux louxkr at gmail.com
Mon May 19 14:11:47 EDT 2008

Hello all,

Is there an easy way to update an actor in a scene?  I have several actors
and I want the user to be able to manipulate one of them using some kind of
text input, and I'd like the actor to update on the screen as the user is
typing.  I've tried doing something like this and a couple of variations,
but I haven't managed to find a call that does what I'm looking for:

//set up all of the renderer stuff - creation of these objects and the data
behind the actor occurs before this
pActor->SetPosition(0.0, 0.0, 0.0);
pRenderer->AddActor(pActor);
pRenderer->Render();

// Let the user type something and store the input in double Input, for
example
pActor->SetPosition(Input, 0.0, 0.0);// same object we used above
pRenderer->Render();

Any help or ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,

Kerry