[vtkusers] Change display origin from lower left 2 upper left

Emmanouil Moschidis moshman65 at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 07:27:57 EDT 2008

Hi Frank
I know that with the vtkImageFlip class has this funtcionality when it comes to  the manipulation of a vtkImageData object. I'm not sure about the viewport though... I'd suppose there is no problem as the origin is defined internally in each object and not by the viewport, am I right?

Frank Lindseth <Frank.Lindseth at sintef.no> wrote: Hi all,

Is it possible to change VTK's display/viewport convention from (origin in lower left):
/\  y

O--------> x

To (origin in upper left):

\/  y

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Background:
We would like to replace the old "display system"  in an existing application with a new based on VTK,
i.e. both display/viewport layout and visualizing exiting data that "assumes" that the display/viewport origin is in the upper left corner,
converting setup/data coordinates (y) is of course an option, but it would make things a lot easier if VTK used the same origin (as opposed to the lower-left default),
I'm pretty sure that I was able to set this a long time ago (vtkRenderWindow-method maybe?), but can't find the needed functionality anywhere anymore,
is it possible?

- Frank