[vtkusers] Change display origin from lower left 2 upper left

Frank Lindseth Frank.Lindseth at sintef.no
Wed May 7 07:02:04 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Is it possible to change VTK's display/viewport convention from
(origin in lower left):
/\  y

O--------> x

To (origin in upper left):
O--------> x

\/  y

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Background:
We would like to replace the old "display system"  in an existing
application with a new based on VTK,
i.e. both display/viewport layout and visualizing exiting data that
"assumes" that the display/viewport origin is in the upper left corner,
converting setup/data coordinates (y) is of course an option, but it
would make things a lot easier if VTK used the same origin (as opposed
to the lower-left default),
I'm pretty sure that I was able to set this a long time ago
(vtkRenderWindow-method maybe?), but can't find the needed
functionality anywhere anymore,
is it possible?

- Frank