[vtkusers] vtk-cmake help

Charl Botha c.p.botha at tudelft.nl
Mon May 5 15:19:15 EDT 2008

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 6:23 PM, Yannick Bourret <ybourret at mirarco.org> wrote:
>  The information will be useful aswell. Please let me know if you find
>  anything. Also, in my case, I only want to Install VTK with Python
>  Wrapping.
>
>  However, I am unable to compile it since I get many linking
>  errors when using Visual Studio 8 (2005)

You could try my pre-configured VTK 5.1 binaries for Python 2.5, all
built with Visual Studio 8:
http://cpbotha.net/2007/08/02/python-enabled-vtk-51-and-itk-32-windows-binaries/

I am planning to update these to VTK 5.2 when that gets released.

If you're more adventurous and would like to build VTK on Windows
yourself, you can use my really ugly build system, called johannes:
see http://code.google.com/p/devide/wiki/Downloads?tm=2 under
"Building your own from source".  johannes builds far more than just
VTK, so you'll have to follow the instructions in
http://code.google.com/p/devide/source/browse/branches/v8-2/johannes/WINDOWS.txt?r=2831
if you want to build just VTK.

Good luck,
Charl Botha