[vtkusers] Old-style pipeline connection, new style, and vtkStructuredGrid

Carlos Rafael Giani e0325834 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Mar 30 08:52:59 EDT 2008

Hi,

from what I hear, it is discouraged to use old-style pipeline connection
(e.g. SetInput() and GetOutput() etc.)

However, I have a structured grid, and vtkStructuredGrid works well for
me. I have to use SetInput() to connect the grid to a vtkContourFilter,
for example. I've searched for some vtkAlgorithm derivative that offers
me the same functionality as vtkStructuredGrid, but so far nothing worked.

Or is there some sort of wrapper for data objects like vtkStructuredGrid?