[vtkusers] Compiling vtk-5.1 under OSX 10.5 on PPC: CMake Error

Christophe Peyret christophe.peyret at onera.fr
Sun Mar 30 04:02:30 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am able to compile vtk on MacIntel but I am facinf problem on PPC. When
I enter ccmake ../VTK here is the message cmake returns me :

CMake Error: An attempt was made to access a variable: CMAKE_SIZEOF_INT
that has not been defined
 . Some variables were always defined by CMake in versions prior to 1.6.
To fix this you might nee
 d to set the cache value of CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY to 1.4 or less.
If you are writing a CM
 akeList file, (or have already set CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATABILITY to 1.4
or less) then you probabl
 ed to include a CMake module to test for the feature this variable defines.

 CMake Error: no suitable type found