[vtkusers] vtkCellDerivatives + vtkGenericEnSightReader

Hans van Piggelen hansvp at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 18 11:10:01 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm using a large EnSight dataset, which contains one tetrahedron cell array and around a hundred point arrays, with over 500,000 nodes. I would like to calculate the spatial derivatives of each of these point arrays using the cell derivatives class. I'm wondering whether I'm using it correctly (see below), so can anyone please comment on it?

In short it works like this:

vtkGenericEnSightReader *vEnSightReader = vtkGenericEnSightReader::New();...Load/display EnSight data...vtkCellDerivatives *vCellDerivatives = vtkCellDerivatives::New();vtkCellDataToPointData *vCellToPointData = vtkCellDataToPointData::New();vCellDerivatives->SetVectorModeToComputeGradient();

vEnsightReader->GetOutput()->GetPointData()->SetActiveAttribute(iIndex, 0)
vCellDerivatives->SetInput(vEnsightReader->GetOutput());
vCellDerivatives->Update();
vCellDerivatives->SetInput(vEnsightReader->GetOutput());
vCellToPointData->SetInput(vCellDerivatives->GetOutput());
vCellToPointData->Update();
Get values using vCellToPointData->GetOutput()

The code works without crashing or anything, and displaying is also working, though I find it difficult to check my results.

Thanks in advance!

Hans