[vtkusers] How to create a regular triangulation ?

Alexandre GOUAILLARD hanfei at caltech.edu
Tue Mar 25 06:42:59 EDT 2008

Hi

Supposing you want regular sampling of a **surface** mesh, If you want a
regular grid, you should try to go for an "isotropic remeshing".

See for example:
http://graphics.ethz.ch/%7Embotsch/publications/eg08-tutorial.pdf
Chapter 10 remeshing

Please note that there is on ongoing effort to implement those algorithms in
ITK. Corresponding data structures have been implemented.
http://hdl.handle.net/1926/306
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1QuadEdgeMesh.html

Parameterization, which is the first and most delicate step for remeshing in
several techniques, is already available.
http://hdl.handle.net/1926/1315

Remeshing is not very far away, we just decided to deal with decimation,
subdivision and wavelets filters first. If you're interested in coding a
remeshing algorithm, I would provide support. Expect a couple of weeks for
coding, and a couple more for polishing at most.

Regards.

Alex.