[vtkusers] How to improve the volume rendering's speed?

Cameron Burnett w_e_b_m_a_s_t_e_r_6_9 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 13 04:35:23 EDT 2008

I'm doing the same thing with my project at the moment. I've read that its a very slow algorithm, yet its highly accurate... so i'm not so sure if there is a lot that can be done. However I thought that maybe you could wrap the outside of the object with a low poly mesh or something, but I haven't really given it much thought. The problem I had was that I was reading in DICOM data, and I'm fairly sure there isn't many more methods other than the ray cast one that I could use for that format. I'm a noob though, so I could be very wrong :P.