[vtkusers] kwsys in custom source

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Mar 11 13:48:37 EDT 2008

Patrick D. Emond wrote:
> I make installed VTK as a shared build (and confirmed that vtksys.dll
> was found in the install bin directory).  From here I've built an
> application that uses the SystemInformation code and I get the following
> linker errors:

The SystemInformation tool was only recently added.  It looks like this
is the first time someone is trying to use it built shared on Windows.
The class does not have the proper export macro.

In SystemInformation.hxx.in, change the line

   class SystemInformation

   class @KWSYS_NAMESPACE at _EXPORT SystemInformation

and run CMake again to configure it.

If that works I'll commit the change in KWSys.

-Brad