[vtkusers] VTK file specification

Evangelos Bertakis ebertakis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 09:37:44 EDT 2008

Dear all,

as a newbie in this list, I have the following question:
I am interested in writing software for generating VTK files (XML .vtp
files mostly). I found the very helpful VTK-4.2-file-formats.pdf file
at http://www.vtk.org/documents.php but I want more! In that file it
says that the content is taken from The VTK User's Guide. Since amazon
didn't supply the "look inside" feature for that book, I couldn't see
if in the Guide there is more concerning the specification than in the
pdf... Could you give me a hint about that? Is there more information
in the Guide so as to make it worth buying it? If not,
is there someplace else I can look?

Thank you very much for your time,

Evangelos Bertakis