[vtkusers] Display 2d image

flory florysf at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 13:39:43 EST 2008

 Hi,

     I want to display a TIFF image(not a stack with several images) using
Java-VTK. The idea is that I want to read it with vtkTIFFReader and then
place it in a swing component like a canvas. I don't want to place it in a
3d scene but just see it as a 2d image.Also I don't want to interact with
the image.
Is there any possibility to display 2d images without using
vtkImageViewer(which should be used for stacks of images not single
images...)?Or if the vtkImageViewer should be used could this one be placed
in a container? I succeeded place it only in a 3d scene, also I tried to
change the interactor style to vtkInteractorStyleImage but it still worked
like a 3d scene.

  Regards,

                Flory