[vtkusers] vtkMFC memory leaking

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Mar 4 08:08:11 EST 2008

Which executable did you build?

VTK/Examples/GUI/Win32/vtkMFC/vtkMDI or something else?

What version of VTK are you using? The MFC mem leak problem is usually a
"false alarm" in VTK-5-0 caused by the ordering of loading of VTK dlls. It
should be fixed in the CVS HEAD build of VTK because we added code to delay
load the VTK dlls, thereby ensuring that they are unloaded *before* the MFC
dlls and then the MFC dlls can do their mem leak analysis correctly.

HTH,
David