[vtkusers] Multiblock cutter with unstructured grid

Gerrick Bivins biv at iastate.edu
Tue Mar 4 05:59:08 EST 2008

Hello,
We are in the process of updating our pipelines to support multiblock
datasets. We've run
across a problem when trying to generate a cutter through the dataset that
is colored by the
active scalar. Our first step was to modify the Multiblock.cxx example to
generate a cutter
through the multicomb dataset. This was successful. When we tried to do the
same thing
using our own unstructured datasets,  the cut plane was gray.
Can someone explain what we are doing incorrectly?
I've posted the modified example here:
www.vrac.iastate.edu/~biv/MultiBlock_cutter/MultiBlock.cutter.tar.gz

When extracted you will see the modified Multiblock.cxx file and a directory
containing the unstructured datasets.

The only option required to run the example is to specify the -D option to
point to
the directory containing the data. For example, if the data is in
/home/user/joe/test_point,
run the example with:
multiblocktest -D /home/user/joe

Thanks for any help you can provide.