[vtkusers] vtkAVIWriter

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Mar 3 10:14:13 EST 2008

vtkAVIWriter is specific to Microsoft Windows. For Linux and Mac use
the vtkFFMPEGWriter to create .avi files instead. To do that you must
compile the ffmpeg library externally to vtk and then link vtk to it.
Instructions for doing so, and a snapshot of the ffmpeg code is
available at http://www.vtk.org/get-software.php#addons

cheers,
Dave DeMarle