[vtkusers] vtk java compilation error: "cannot find symbol: class vtkCamera"

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Sat Mar 1 08:24:29 EST 2008

Hello,

Those instructions are a little old -- I think the vtk.jar file really
should be built automatically when you build VTK as long as you have
turned the VTK_WRAP_JAVA to ON in ccmake.

Did VTK seem to build okay? If so, did you check in the ./bin
directory and see if vtk.jar was generated?

(There are more detailed instructions for building VTK are in the
README.html file in the root directory of the source code you
downloaded, although there is not a lot specific to the Java wrappers.)

-Eric

Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group