[vtkusers] vtkFeatureEdges - Order of Boundary Points

Mario Richtsfeld rm at acin.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jun 23 05:31:31 EDT 2008

Hi All VTK - Users,

after a performing a constrained vtkDelaunay2D, I extract the outer boundary
of the mesh using the vtkFeatureEdges filter. As a result, I obtain the mesh
boundary described as a sum of all the boundary segments (edges).

Now I need the order of the boundary points, but I can’t get it!

Does anybody know if an existing vtk filter could do the job?

I also tested the vtkStripper and vtkTubeFilter, but without any success!

What’s wrong?

Thanks

Mario Richtsfeld

vtkDelaunay2D *pDelaunay = vtkDelaunay2D::New();

pDelaunay->SetInput(pPDTop);

pDelaunay->Update();

vtkFeatureEdges *feature = vtkFeatureEdges::New();

feature->SetInputConnection(pDelaunay->GetOutputPort());

feature->BoundaryEdgesOn();

feature->FeatureEdgesOff();

feature->NonManifoldEdgesOff();

feature->ManifoldEdgesOff();

feature->SetFeatureAngle(0);

feature->Update();

vtkStripper *cutStrips = vtkStripper::New(); //Forms loops (closed
polylines) from cutter

cutStrips->SetInputConnection(feature->GetOutputPort());

cutStrips->Update();

vtkTubeFilter *feTubes = vtkTubeFilter::New();

feTubes->SetInput(cutStrips->GetOutput());

feTubes->SetRadius(0.5);

Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Mario Richtsfeld

Research assistant

AUTOMATION & CONTROL INSTITUTE | ACIN