[vtkusers] Level of Detail LOD based on space not rendering time

Sarah Macumber S.Macumber at QuestReliability.com
Thu Jun 19 09:08:53 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am trying to render a sub sampling of polydata when I am zoomed out
from an object and then render the full polydata set when I am zoomed in
so that greater detail is shown on my unstructured grid the closer I get
to it.  I have too many polydata to show all at once, but want to
display full mesh detail if the user decides to zoom in on my object.

Is there any way to choose your mapper based on focal distance / camera
clipping range instead of rendering time like vtkLODProp3D / vtkLODActor
does?

Thanks Sarah