[vtkusers] vtkRenderWindowInteractor: Resetting User Transforms and Matrices

John Eke johne at annidis.com
Wed Jun 18 14:04:03 EDT 2008

Hi,

I currently have an image displayed in a vtkImageActor, in a
(vtkRenderWindow ofcourse). The default interactor works well, but I
need to be able to reset the vtkImageActor, to its original position,
size and orientation (say when 'x' is pressed).

I have tried saving the UserMatrix in the beginning (before
interactions), and restoring the matrix afterwards (when 'x' is
pressed), but this only restores translations and scaling. If I rotate
the image during interaction, when I press 'x' the original orientation
isn't restored.

Is there an easy way to do this? or do I have to manually save the
incremental rotation angles everytime the interactor rotates the
vtkImageActor?

Thanks a lot guys

- John